Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cinderella


My friend Esther wrote this. Enjoy!

Call me a romantic if you will—it’s a title I’ll wear with pride.  Most girls see the classic Disney princesses when they’re about three, feel the enchantment, and lose the magic by the time they’re eight or nine.  Me, I’m just beginning to feel the Disney touch.  After all, my two sisters weren’t exactly princess freaks; they’d rather play cowboys than Snow White.  And three brothers isn’t a recipe for princess love either.  So me, romantic princess sillyhead, had to get along without Disney’s tales for years. 
But now…. See, I like to act.  If the play I’m in is a based on a movie, I watch it to see what the director is thinking of for my role.  At first, we thought an upcoming play would be Beauty and the Beast, so I saw that for the first time.  Gotta love Belle, with her heart and warmth.  But then the play turned out to be Cinderella.  Another classic I’d never seen, until now.  Poor Cinderelly!  And always that theme of waiting for the  prince, the perfect prince who understands everything, flames with passion, and is, of course, quite handsome in the bargain.  I always regret that we see so little of him, and crane my eyes every time he does show up.  After all, I need a good idea of what my prince should look like! 
Okay, so that’s silly.  But every girl is waiting for her prince, the one prepared for her.  He’ll sweep her up, carry her off, and they’ll both know she waited faithfully, without giving herself to others.  But even if an earthly prince doesn’t come, I have the best prince of all.  He’s so understanding, always knows what I’m thinking.  Every time I’m impatient, waiting for us to truly be together, He sends me a love letter.  And not just love letters—my prince sends me flowers of joy, chocolates of peace, and the most beautiful dresses of love.  He’s always telling me just how much He loves me, and I can’t get enough of him.
        So for now we’re apart, and I long every day to be with Him.  And yet I know I mustn’t waste the time; there’s so much to do!  I want to be beautiful and accomplished, to have many things to please my prince.  So I work hard to prepare, knowing it will all be worth it when we finally dance together.  That dance will be the highlight, the pinnacle, and I can’t wait.
        For now, I dance alone in my room, swirling and spinning with my arms in the air.
But I know, someday soon, my perfect prince will be there, will sweep me up and carry me home.
        I’m waiting.  Come soon!
                                                                                Esther E.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia Grace!

    You won the card giveway on my blog:)

    blessingseveryminuteofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia Grace!

    To claim your prize, you have to comment on my blog, and leave me your mailing address so that I can pass it on to the seller..{your comment will not be published}

    ReplyDelete